Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 1 1/2

After meeting my great new friend, SuperMommySometimes, I went home pumped. I mulled and mulled and thought and thank and geared and whatever to plan everything I needed. While I'm gung-ho with myself, I found my husband who is out on the road working, isn't too pleased with my idea after being under the impression he was okay with this. But that is not what this post is about, I'll deal with him!

My son has been latched onto me night and day lately, so yay! He's helping! But this also makes it hard to pump since I also have a two year old who needs attention. So, its difficult to pump and nurse and take care of her. My best time to pump is at night...whenever I can get my two year old to sleep as she has decided not to sleep anymore. Tonight I lucked out and managed to pump two ounces of milk while my son crashed and my daughter poked at my boobs while I tried to zone watching Dexter. I couldn't relax enough to get my milk to let down enough so the two ounces was all my boobs would produce for now. In the wee hours of this morning, at about 3AM I managed to get an ounce too. So, in total I've got three ounces in the freezer for my mama friend.

It will get easier and the first step to that starts again tomorrow. I'm going to go to the health store and buy me some fenugreek capsules. I'm hoping those, along with a lot of pumping and nursing will do the trick enough to start an oversupply.

No comments:

Post a Comment