Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 2 1/2: A long night.

So, it looks like from here on out, you readers just might get more than one update in a 24 hour period. So much fun, right? Or too much time on my hands..probably the latter.

Either way, we're having a rough night at my house. My daughter has suddenly had a violent reaction to any cow's milk she drinks. She vomits. No matter what amount of milk she has, she vomits. Both times just so happened to be on my leg...my right leg, to be precise. Two baths later and I decided it was time to go to the store and get her something. I feel rather fortuitous to have a friend staying with us so that I could just go out and leave Tea-Tea here to rest. Z-meister came with me on this trip. Poor Tea-Tea, she was scared witless at puking it. It frightened her in all ways possible. So I made a trip to the store and got her some toddler Tums because I couldn't find anything else. Who knew they made those. I also grabbed her some crackers because my kid loves crackers and knew they would cheer her up and maybe make her tummy feel better. Oh, and picked up lactose free milk because this has happened before and lactose free milk made her happy.

So, I got home and let her nom some crackers then gave her the lactose free milk and put her to bed. She stayed there a while and I pumped another 3 ounces of milk while Z-meister also slept. With that, I now have 9 ounces, yay! Not much, but its a start. My Tea-Tea didn't stay in bed for long, she told me her milk was yucky and refused to drink it. She ended up out here laying on the couch, trying to fall asleep while I nursed Z. I made me a frozen pizza (real classy, Jess) and took my fenugreek pills. 2 pills every 8 hours makes three times a day. Its much easier than 2 pills at breakfast, lunch, and dinner because sometimes I forget to eat. Which is bad, but I remember eventually but I don't want to take my pills too far apart or too close together. I'm unsure if it would make a difference. Either way, I don't know if I'll get a chance to pump again tonight or not. I could squeeze (pun intended) some more time out but I'm not sure if my mind will let me.

My husband called while I was on my way to the store. We had another...clashing of the minds, so to speak. In the end, I think I won our little battle. I'm not sure...one of those nights, man. Hopefully he'll be getting a flight home tomorrow and we can talk some more.

I think its time to put Tea-Tea in her bed and go lay down. Z-meister is angry and I'm plan beat. Tomorrow is a new day to clean up the mess around here.

1 comment:

  1. Poor little Teagan :( You are doing such a great job with the pumping!

    ReplyDelete